With all of us practicing social distancing now, I know that some will end up cooking way more than they’re used to. Luckily, this isn’t too big of a change for Erik and me as we tend to cook often. However, I thought I’d share some of our favorite dinners to give you some ideas of what you might want to cook during this time. I will say that we don’t always follow recipes (ok, it’s mostly me who won’t follow recipes – I take them more as guidelines when cooking), so I tried to find recipes that are closest to how we cook these meals.
- Chicken Cannellini Bean Soup
- Eggplant “Meatballs”
- Black Bean Burgers – I like to add in jarred peppers like pepperoncini and fire-roasted red pepper for more flavor. I’ve never made a chipotle mayo sauce like this recipe includes, so I can’t attest to whether that part’s worth making.
- Tacos – There are so many different things you can put in tacos! We tend to include chicken, jalapeno, cilantro, black beans, pepperjack cheese, homemade chunky salsa, and sometimes sauteed onions and peppers. We like to cook rice while making tacos, too.
- Tuna Pesto Melts – We got this from Run Fast Cook Fast Eat Slow. You use a can of tuna, some yogurt instead of mayo, and pesto. Really easy and tasty! You can make the pesto yourself if you have a food processor.
- Gyros w/ Tzatziki Sauce – Ok, so we definitely don’t make real gyros as we just cook the chicken however we want, but we put chicken, tzatziki, feta, fries, tomatoes, and sometimes peppers in pita bread for our “gyros”. If you have a food proccessor, tzatziki sauce isn’t too hard to make and is also a great dip for pita chips or veggies.
- Superfoods Soup
- Burst Cherry Tomato Linguine with Shrimp – I couldn’t find a good recipe online for this, but the actual recipe is in Run Fast Eat Slow. I highly recommend this meal!
- Homemade Pizza – Erik claims pizza is easy to make, though I’ve never done it myself. I only ever help by suggesting toppings.
- Thai Quinoa Salad
If you have any favorite meals that you love to cook, please share the recipes with me as it’s always great to have another recipe in the rotation! Stay safe and healthy!